Amazon is continuously adding new movies and TV shows to its Prime video streaming service, and each week, we’ll bring you the best it has to offer!
In this week’s selection of films and shows on Amazon Prime, a British couple pulled into an increasingly dangerous scheme to extract a high-value player in the Russian mob for MI6. A group of hackers deals with the fallout of their massive hack at the end of last season, tangling with the FBI, as well as a dangerous group of rival hackers. Finally, follows a group of people as they deal with the possible end of the world, in the form of an asteroid that will strike Earth in six months.
- Our Kind of Traitor – When the Russian mafia’s top money launderer hands over data to a British couple in the hopes that they will give it to MI6, the couple’s lives are turned upside down as the agency pushes them to become increasingly involved in their attempts to bring the launderer in.
- Mr. Robot – Season 2 – Elliot and fsociety deal with the fallout of their massive attack on the country’s financial system, with Elliot contending with the FBI and his own fragile mental state. The rest of fsociety looks for their next move to follow up their big attack while trying to protect themselves from the Dark Army and law enforcement.
- Salvation – Season 1 – Follow a group of people and the various ways they deal with an impeding disaster after it’s discovered that an asteroid will strike the Earth in six months. The show focuses on the ramifications of this discovery, as well as the efforts to prevent the impact.
This week’s first addition to Amazon Prime’s video lineup is Antarctica: Ice & Sky, follow the life of the first scientist to discover evidence of man-made global warming. Miss Sloane follows a powerful and cutthroat Washington lobbyist as she takes on the gun lobby. Finally, season one of Niko and the Sword of Light follows a princess and a young champion as they attempt to confront the darkness covering their lands.
- Antarctica: Ice & Sky – In this documentary from the director of March of the Penguins, set out on a journey of scientific discovery that follows the life of Claude Lorius, the first scientist to find hard evidence of man-made climate change beneath the surface of the Earth. Arrives July 19.
- Miss Sloane – A ruthless Washington lobbyist who will do whatever it takes to win goes up against the most powerful opponent she has ever faced when she works to get a bill passed for tougher background checks for gun purchases. Arrives July 19. – See at Amazon
- Niko and the Sword of Light – Season 1 – When a plague of shadows engulfs the land, a princess calls upon a champion to lead her people in the fight against the darkness. but instead of the full-grown hero she was expecting, Princess Lyra finds only Niko, the 10-year-old boy who wields the Sword of Light. Arrives July 21.
If you’re not an Amazon Prime member, you can try the service free for 30 days right here. Bookmark this page and check back next week for more from Amazon!
from iMore – The #1 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch blog http://ift.tt/2sj3tfH